Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a laundrette in Keynsham in the early hours of yesterday morning, thought to have been caused by overheating washing.
Avon Fire & Rescue were called to Queen’s Road in Keynsham just after 7am.
When crews arrived they found a fire in the premises so two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to put the blaze out.
It’s thought the fire started accidentally after washing dried and tightly packed into a bag the previous night had overheated and caught fire.
The fire caused smoke damage to the premises.