Here at the Bath Echo, we want to keep our visitors safe and happy when they’re using our website.
In doing so, we have created these House Rules which apply to all content that you can contribute.
Please note that these rules apply to all content which can be user-generated on our website, as well as any user-generated content displayed on any of the social media pages that we control.
We ask that all commenters on stories on our website use their real name and email address. Your email address will not be made publicly available.
Using your first name is acceptable.
We reserve the right to remove comments/content which:
- Could be considered racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive, sexually explicit or objectionable.
- Contain swear words or any other offensive language.
- Could disrupt, damage, attack or offend others.
- Could cause impact on the Bath Echo website and cause any loss of service.
- Breaks the law or encourages criminal activity. This includes copyright breaches, contempt of court and defamation.
- Impersonates another person.
- Advertises a product or service not affiliated with Media Bath Ltd or associated companies.
- Includes personal contact details such as phone numbers, addresses or personal email addresses.
- Contains links that we deem unsuitable for the related content on the website page.
- Describe or encourage activities which could bring harm or endanger the safety of yourself or others.
- Could be considered spam, including posts which include the same content multiple times.
We constantly look at making our website more inclusive to everyone, and work hard to ensure that the service you receive from this website will be of a consistent quality.
We welcome feedback on our House Rules and our website generally and you can email us directly via our contact page.
We reserve the right to remove any user-generated content which we deem unsuitable and will take appropriate action against those responsible if necessary.