The Met Office has upgraded a yellow weather warning to amber, with strong winds and heavy rain expected to batter most of the country tomorrow, Sunday 9th February.
Storm Ciara will bring a spell of very strong winds across the Bath area, with disruption to travel likely throughout Sunday.
The Met Office says gusts of 60-70 mph will occur widely in inland areas and 70-80 mph along southern and western coasts.
Heavy rain will accompany the strong winds, leading to very poor driving conditions.
The winds will slowly ease during the latter part of the afternoon and through the evening.
A detailed forecast for Bath expects wind gusts of around 55-60mph, with heavy rain between 4am through to 6pm.
The Met Office is warning residents about:
- Flying debris, which could lead to injuries or danger to life
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services are affected
- Some roads and bridges closed
- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage.