Marinated Chicken Lollipop – This recipe is kindly supplied to us by atCatharines. Find out more below.
You will need:
- 12 chicken wings (use only the drummets, you can get them from the butchers. Drummet looks like little chicken drumstick).
- Potato flour for best and crispier result (can be bought in Asian supermarket) or Plain flour.
- Oil for deep frying.
Tip: Use a small saucepan so that you don’t have to use lots oil or deep fat fryer if you have one.
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Salt to taste
1) First prepare the the wings. Grab the thin end of the drummet, carefully cut through the skin round the bone.
2) Use the end of the knife and push the meat to the end. You might need to cut through senew. Please do this slowly and scrape all the meat on the bone and push towards the end.
3) Using your fingers, pull the meat over the end of the bone, folding it inside out.
4) Put all the prepared wings into a deep bowl, pour over the marinade and marinade the wings for at least 2 hours. Best left overnight in the fridge so that the full flavours are penetrated into the meat.
5) When ready to fry, heat the oil up using high heat. To test the oil whether it is ready for deep frying, dip the tip of a wooden spoon or a wooden chopstick . If the oil bubbles steadily around the tip, then it is ready. Do not over heat, if you do, simply remove the saucepan from the heat and reduce the heat.
6) While waiting for the oil to heat up, flour the wings, reduce heat to medium and drop them steadily into the oil. Fry until golden ( about 5 minutes). Do not be greedy and fry small batches at one time.
7) Drain and serve with chilli sauce or garlic mayo.
Tip: This can be prepared in advance and can be enjoyed hot or cold. It can be reheated in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins.
Find out more about atCatharines by clicking their logo below.