Firefighters from Avon Fire and Rescue have been tackling a fire in a window box outside a second floor flat in the centre of Bath this morning.
They were called to reports of a fire at the flat on Terrace Walk in the city centre at 8.38am. Three fire engines and a turntable ladder from Bath Fire Station rushed to the scene.
On arrival crews could see smoke and flames coming from the window of the property.
Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used one high pressure hose reel and one 45mm jet to put the fire out.
They entered the property to ensure it hadn’t spread inside. Fortunately no one was inside at the time and no one was hurt.
Two people who were in a flat above were already outside when crews arrived. They were unharmed.
It’s thought the fire started accidentally after smoking materials weren’t fully extinguished.
Avon Fire & Rescue Service are reminding people to take care when smoking. Never leave cigarettes unattended as they can smoulder away for hours and develop into a fire. Always fully extinguish all smoking materials after use.