Avon and Somerset Police have issued more CCTV footage of University of Bath student Alex Green, showing his last movements before he was found critically injured, as part of a new witness appeal.
Alex, 22, was found unconscious at a bus stop in Westmoreland Road, off Lower Bristol Road, in the early hours of Saturday 30th September.
He died at Southmead Hospital three days later from internal head injuries.
DI Dom Graham, the lead officer, said: “The tragic death of Alex Green is still being treated as unexplained.
“We’re doing everything we can to provide his family with the answers they need about how he died, but we still need the public’s help.
“We’re hoping the release of more footage which shows Alex’s last known movements will help jog people’s memories and encourage witnesses to come forward.”
Note: CCTV footage from the Green Park Tavern in the video above shows an incorrect time, please ignore this.
Timeline of events on Saturday 30th September
- 3.40am: Footage shows Alex leaving the city centre along Dorchester Street, by the city’s train station and main bus station.
- 3.41am: He’s caught on camera walking past the Esso garage on the A36 Lower Bristol Road.
- 3.42am: Alex walks past the Green Park Tavern into Westmoreland Road – this is the last sighting of him.
- 3.46am: There is no sign of Alex on footage taken from the U1 First Bus, which turns into Westmoreland Road, and he is not at the bus stop.
- Between 3.46am and 3.49am: A group of five people turn into Westmoreland Road and find Alex lying on the ground near the bus stop.
- 3.49am: An ambulance is called.
DI Dom Graham added: “We’re continuing to focus on three main scenarios. Did Alex die as a result of a fall? Was Alex assaulted prior to his death? Was Alex involved in a road traffic collision?
“We’re asking the public to read the appeal points below and get in touch if they can help.”
- Did you see Alex Green on the night of Friday 29th September into the early hours of the Saturday 30 September?
- Did you see him in the Second Bridge Nightclub?
- Do you have information which you haven’t yet given to the police?
- Did you drive into Westmoreland Road from Lower Bristol Road, or in the other direction, between 3.30 and 4am on Saturday 30th September?
- Were you walking in the area during this timeframe?
- Were you on the U1 First Bus which turned into Westmoreland Road at 3.46am on Saturday 30th September?
- Officers know upwards of 15 students got off the bus at the next stop in Lower Oldfield Park. Was that you?
- Did you hear or see anything suspicious in the Westmoreland Road or Lower Bristol Road area around the time of this incident?
- Do you have any information about how Alex may have suffered an injury to his head that night?
If you can help their inquiry, please call Investigations on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5217225858.
You don’t have to speak to the police. You can call the independent charity Crimestoppers with information on 0800 555 111 or online via www.crimestoppers-uk.org – they never trace your call or ask for your name.