Commuters in and out of Bath are being delayed this evening after a signal failure near Swindon caused by a power failure.
Train services between Swindon and Bath Spa are being cancelled or delayed at short notice due to the problem. Delays on some services have already reached over an hour and a half.
First Great Western say an estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed by Network Rail.
Rail passengers are facing cancelled trains and severe delays as routes are diverted across the country to bring travellers back to their final destinations.
A large queue of more than one hundred people has formed outside of Bath Spa station for replacement bus services, conveying them between Bristol, Chippenham, Gloucester, Swindon and surrounding areas.
— Ian Pocock (@ianpocock) November 26, 2013
Bus services will be conveying stranded passengers on the following routes:
- Stagecoach West Bus 55 Swindon – Chippenham Station.
- First Somerset & Avon Bus X39 Bristol (City Centre) – Bath Spa.
- First Somerset & Avon Bus 231 Bath Spa – Chippenham.
- First Somerset & Avon Bus 319 Bath Spa – Bristol Parkway.
- Stagecoach Bus 94 Cheltenham Spa – Gloucester.
- Stagecoach West Buses 20/21 Stroud (Town Centre) – Stonehouse (Main Street).
- Stagecoach West Bus 14A Stroud – Stonehouse-Gloucester.
The following trains have been cancelled due to the signalling problems:
- The London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads due through Bath Spa at 19.30.
We’ll be updating this story with more information from First Great Western as soon as it is announced. You can find the latest modified train times on JourneyCheck here.