Business growth consultancy Cool Ventures is helping Bath businesses win more customers and expand thanks to a series of free training events in the city.
The workshops are open to businesses that enrol on the Bath Business Support Programme, which is delivered by Cool Ventures.
The programme provides free intensive support to small and medium-sized businesses. They benefit from one-to-one coaching from specialist advisers and access to workshops on key topics including business planning, finance, marketing and management.
Forthcoming workshops delivered by Cool Ventures include:
Finance Essentials for Business Owners
Date: 23rd May 2018, Time: 9am – 1pm, Venue: Bath and County Club, Bath
If you find business finance and forecasting daunting – or want to understand what your accountant is telling you – this practical workshop is for you.
You will explore areas of business finance such as cash flow, profit and loss accounts, forecasting and bookkeeping. With experienced business advisors on hand you will complete simple exercises to help you develop your skills and knowledge so you can manage your business finances and improve your profitability.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Have an understanding of commonly used business financial terminology
- Understand the importance of – and difference between – cash and profit
- Be able to set up and complete a cash flow
- Be able to complete bookkeeping tasks and understand the importance of financial record keeping
- Know how to cost and price your product or service
Win More Customers
Date: 13th June 2018, Time: 10am – 1pm, Venue: Bath and County Club, Bath
This three-hour hour workshop is for you if you want to increase your customer base and learn how to go about it professionally and legally.
What does this workshop cover?
- How to identify potential customers and understanding their needs
- Understanding the sales process, customer buying behaviour and decision making
- Learn the different marketing methods to reach your potential customers
- Implementing and using a CRM database
- LinkedIn and other social media platforms – benefits and results
- How to plan and implement a marketing campaign
- Sales closing techniques – asking for the business
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and changes in the law
During the workshop, you will create a business development action plan to take back and implement.
Developing a Growth Strategy and Business Plan
Date: 26th June 2018, Time: 9am – 5pm, Venue: Bath and County Club, Bath.
This workshop is aimed at owners of established businesses looking to grow, whether it’s your turnover, staff, number of outlets or any other variable that you want to increase. You will have some ideas about how you want your business to look in two or three years’ time but are not sure how to map out the necessary changes.
The workshop will outline the steps you need to take to move closer to your goals and help you understand some of the challenges you could face in transforming your business. You will gain the tools and confidence to develop your business strategy and a single page business plan.
For more information about the free business support offered through the Bath Business Support Programme, contact Cool Ventures on 01225 580850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org