If you’re like us, you’re really starting to get into the festive mood, and with the popular Bath Christmas Market having started, the city is once again turning into a winter wonderland.
One of the best things you can do over the festive season in Bath is take a trip to Bath on Ice – the annual ice rink located in Royal Victoria Park.
This year, the venue is returning with their biggest ever rink, measuring a whopping 1000 square metres, and the popular glow in the dark mini-golf for a little extra fun in the evening.
With 39% more space for skating, there are more opportunities this year to take to the ice, whether you’re a visitor to the city or a local resident, and with the introduction of comfier lace-up boots, you’ll be sure to have a great time.
Opening earlier this month, and continuing through until the start of January 2019, locals are invited to head to Bath on Ice for skating, parties, hot chocolate, mulled wine and delicious wood-fire pizzas (we know, we’ve tried them!).
If skating isn’t on your to-do list before Christmas, a trip to the glow in the dark mini-golf should be.
The 18-hole golf course is once again lit in full splendour, with special glow in the dark balls and atmospheric lighting. It’s your chance to challenge your friends and family and be crowned winner among the beautiful winter surroundings of Royal Victoria Park.
A visit to Bath on Ice wouldn’t be complete without heading to the Moguls Alpine Bar, the perfect retreat for tired skaters or chilly golfers.
With hot mulled wine, wood-fired pizzas and deluxe hot chocolates, it’s an ideal way to complete your trip, just snuggle up with warm rugs, log burners and maybe a glass of wine or beer.
Bath on Ice is open at the following times, until Sunday 6th January 2019:
16th November 2018 – 14th December 2018
Weekdays | 11.45am – 9.30pm
Weekends | 10.30am – 9.30pm
15th December 2018 – 6th January 2019
Everyday | 10.30am – 9.30pm
Christmas Day | Closed
Special events throughout the Bath on Ice season include:
- Student Night | Tuesday 27th November, 4th, 11th December – 6pm
- 2 for 1 skating and mulled wine for students, just turn up.
- Unlimited Skate Night | Monday 3rd December – 6pm
- Unlimited skating all evening, and your chance to watch the pros play and exhibition ice hockey match on the rink.
- Gospel Choir | Sunday 9th December – 6pm
- Enjoy a festive rink-side performance from a local choir.
- Christmas Jumper Night | Monday 17th December – 6pm
- Sell those wearing a Christmas jumper will enjoy 2-for-1 on mulled wine.
- Cheesy Christmas Disco | Friday 21st December – 6pm
Sessions at Bath on Ice are for 1 hour of skating, with skate hire included. Organisers ask those visiting to arrive 20 minutes early to get your skates on.
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. The ice rink will be open in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately.
Prices for skating at Bath on Ice:
- Adult – £11.00
- Child (under 16) – £10.00
- Child + Hot Chocolate (under 16) – £13.50
- Concession (student with valid ID, OAPs) – £10.50
- Family (2 adults, 2 children OR 1 adult, 3 children) – £36.00
Prices for glow in the dark mini-golf:
- Adult – £6.50
- Child (under 16) – £5.50
- Concession (student with valid ID, OAPs) – £6.00
- Family (2 adults + 2 children OR 1 adult + 3 children) – £20
Publishing sponsored content here on the Bath Echo website helps to keep our content free to access for everyone. As an independent newspaper, we rely on advertising to continue our work across Bath and the surrounding area.
To find out more about placing an advertisement with us, email [email protected]