A man in his 20s has been treated for smoke inhalation following a fire on the second floor of a residential property at Crescent Gardens, Kingsmead in the early hours of this morning.
Three crews from Bath fire station were called to the fire at 12.14am this morning.
Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used one high-pressure hose reel and one 45mm jet to extinguish the fire.
One male casualty in his 20s was treated at the scene by firefighters for smoke inhalation, before later being conveyed to hospital by paramedics.
The cause of the blaze is thought to be accidental.