The kitchen of the Lido Chef takeaway restaurant in the Rush Hill area of Bath has been badly damaged by a fire, which is thought to have started in a fryer.
Fire crews from Bath and Hicks Gate fire stations were alerted at 11.50am yesterday morning after the fire broke out in the ground floor business.
Four firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the shop and used high pressure hose reels to bring the fire under control.
The fire is thought to have started in a deep fat fryer, before spreading to extraction ducting and the roof of the single storey extension.
The actions of firefighters did however prevent the fire from spreading further in the business or to accommodation above.
One man in his 40s who was in the kitchen at the time of the fire was treated by firefighters for minor burns to his face. He was later taken to hospital as a precaution.