Firefighters from Bath’s fire station have tackled a blaze which broke out in the kitchen of house in Midsomer Norton, in which a dog sadly died.
Three fire engines from Paulton, Radstock and Bath fire stations were joined by two crews from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service following reports of a fire in the ground floor of the property yesterday morning (Thursday 30th November).
Once on scene they found the occupants of the house had already managed to escape however a pet dog was still inside.
Four firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the house to tackle the fire and search for the missing pet.
The fire was brought under control using a high pressure hose reel and during the search of the house crews found the dog.
Despite best efforts by firefighters to revive the pet, it sadly it passed away.
The blaze, which is thought to have started accidentally, caused extensive fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage elsewhere in the house.