Two 16-year-old boys have been issued with Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs) by a court following their convictions for involvement in a violent attack in the centre of Bath.
The offence took place on Saturday 9th September, when a 26-year-old man suffered cuts and bruises after being set upon by a group of youths in the Southgate Centre in an unprovoked attack.
The Bath Youth Court granted an application from the police Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Team for CBOs for the pair on Thursday 22nd February.
Both boys were issued with two-year orders. During that time, they are not permitted to enter Bath city centre unless accompanied by a parent, and may not associate in public with 12 other named teenagers.
The order also instructs them not to cause anyone harassment, alarm or distress.
In a previous hearing, one boy was sentenced to eight months detention and training and was ordered to pay £30 compensation.
The other boy had earlier been sentenced to six months detention and training and ordered to pay a £30 victim surcharge.
Neighbourhood Inspector Sarah Treweek said: “This case is one of a number brought against a group of teenagers responsible for ASB in the town in recent months.
“We’re grateful for the support of the community enabling us to bring these boys to justice for the criminal offences they have committed.”
Tim Harris of the police ASB team said: “The boys were involved in anti-social and criminal behaviour which culminated in a violent and unprovoked attack on a stranger.
“We have asked for these orders, which the court has granted, in order to help to prevent further issues on their release from detention.”