Visit Bath, the Destination Management Organisation for the city of Bath, has said it is now reviewing its planned events in the run up to Christmas following the latest lockdown announcement.
Visit Bath had been due to unveil the full programme of the celebrations, events and city animation taking place in the lead up to Christmas.
However, following the Government’s announcement on Saturday 31st October, which outlined the new national lockdown measures, they are reviewing their programme with participating partners.
In a statement, Visit Bath said: “Our programme of planned activity has been continually reviewed and adapted, based on changing advice including the possibility of further restrictions and the impact these may have.
“Discussions have been taking place over the weekend and will continue with partners to understand what options we have and what can be delivered.
“Our aim is still to ensure that some of the planned programme can be delivered within the guidelines and when it is safe to do so.
“Further details will be shared as soon as they are available, but the safety of residents, staff and visitors is paramount so please bear with us during this challenging time.
“Thoughts are with businesses who will now have to close again. We will continue to support them as more information becomes available. “