Small and medium businesses in Bath and North East Somerset can benefit from a range of opportunities to improve their energy efficiency, with a new workshop on offer to find out more.
Bath & North East Somerset Council and The Carbon Trust are working in partnership to provide a 2 hour workshop for Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to learn how to make the most of the funded services available, and apply for up to £10,000 capital contribution towards energy efficient equipment purchase, plus how to identify opportunities to reduce energy costs in their businesses.
Cllr Martin Veal (Conservative, Bathavon North) Cabinet Member for Community Services, said: “It is our aim to support local businesses in becoming more sustainable and energy efficient and thus ensure that they continue to thrive in our area.
“That’s why we’ve teamed up with leading carbon reduction experts from the Carbon Trust to run this workshop, which is free attend for businesses that register online. We urge anyone interested to apply soon before spaces run out.”
The workshop takes place on Thursday 21st April 2016, from 9:30am to 11:30am, at the Guildhall, High Street, Bath.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding and reducing energy bills through behavioural and low cost measures;
- Introduction to carbon, energy and self-assessment;
- How to develop new approaches to energy use in the office that will drive long term change;
- Key quick wins for carbon reduction;
- Focus on major areas of energy consumption in SMEs (travel, lighting, equipment, heating, ventilating and air conditioning);
- Technical overview of the key areas of consumption;
- Outline of key energy reduction retrofit technologies;
- Access to funding and funded one-to-one energy opportunity assessments.
Register online now at: http://bathecho.uk/banesecoworkshop16.