Visitors to Bath’s Fashion Museum can glimpse a dramatic transformation which is taking place later this month.
As the Museum’s hugely successful “Sport and Fashion” exhibition drew to a close yesterday, preparations will get underway for the next big show “Fifty Fabulous Frocks”, opening in early February.
From 7th to 25th January, two of the three main galleries will remain open and everyone can take in the following Fashion Museum exhibits at no extra charge on the Assembly Rooms ticket (£2 for adults or free for Discovery Card holders/ children under 16):
- The 20th Century fashion gallery
- Dress of the Year displays, including the Dress of the Year 2012 by Alexander McQueen
- Replica Victorian dress wear for kids and grown-ups to try on
- Embroidered 17th Century gloves from the finest collection in the world
- “The Historic Collection” – gallery of 19th Century fashion
- Top Trends – autumn/winter 2012/2013.
Normal entrance charges (£7.75 for adults) will be re-introduced from Saturday 26th January – when visitors will get a sneak preview of the new exhibition “Fifty Fabulous Frocks”, which opens fully on Saturday 2nd February.
The Fashion Museum is open daily from 10.30am to 4pm (exit 5pm). For more information visit www.fashionmuseum.co.uk or call 01225 477789.