A gas fitter has been jailed for three years for the manslaughter of a woman who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in her Bath home.
The fitter, Andrew Hartley who lived in Radstock, was convicted in March of manslaughter by gross negligence over the death of 24-year-old Zoe Anderson.
She was discovered dead by her boyfriend in the shower room at her father’s home on Lansdown at the end of December in 2010.
Hartley, 36, had failed to install the boiler properly two weeks earlier, Bristol Crown Court was told.
The trial was told that he had not secured the flue pipe properly which caused leaking carbon monoxide to enter the property.
Judge Neil Ford said Hartley was a respected man, a good and loving father, whose sense of guilt was overwhelming.
He said: “Zoe was a young and talented woman with a fruitful life ahead of her,” the judge told Hartley.
“The quality of work fell below your normal high standards.
“You knew the potential dangers of a carbon monoxide leak and leaving the flue unconnected created a clearly foreseeable risk to life and, as the jury found, amounted to criminal negligence.
“There is no prospect at all of you committing further offences, this is simply the price that you must pay for an isolated but serious criminal offence.“