The annual Emergency Services Show is the coming together of all the major services which serve you locally – the police, fire brigade and Great Western Ambulance Service. See the latest cutting edge technology used to combat crime, help rescue people from dangerous situations and save lives – all in one place: at Hullavington Airfield (nr. Chippenham) on Sunday 11th September 2011. (See below to win a family pass to attend the show!)
With the show being held at Hullavington, just off J17 of the M4, the vast space of the open runways allows for a full day of fun and exploration for parents and children and will be open between 10am and 4pm.
Amongst the activities already confirmed for the show are the South West regional police dog trials, a wide range of current and vintage emergency service vehicles on display, fire engine and police car rides (very fun!), a number of demonstrations throughout the day (including RTC recovery), and the opportunity to chat with local police officers, firefighters and paramedics about their life-saving work.
One of the day’s highlights will be a display by the Silver Stars Parachute Team, which is being sponsored by Cotswold Outdoors, while an It’s A Knockout competition will be running to raise funds for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
There will also be a balloon launch during the afternoon to mark the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, which cost the lives of hundreds of emergency services workers.
The Emergency Services Show is organised by a committee of volunteers drawn from Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service, Great Western Ambulance Service and the Highways Agency.
Committee chairman Chris Harvey said: “This is the seventh Show and it keeps getting bigger and better! There’s still time to get involved, either as an exhibitor or a trader, just visit our website at www.emergencyservicesshow.com and register. With some 10,000 visitors last year, this is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses to support a truly local event!”
The full line up is still being arranged, but you’re sure to find these at the show:
- Arena displays
- Emergency demonstrations
- Emergency vehicle rides
- Large selection of new emergency vehicles
- Large selection of old emergency vehicles
- Helicopter support teams
- Community safety advice
- Fairground rides
- Plenty of activities for all ages
You’re guaranteed a fun packed day, no matter your age!
To get in it will cost:
- Adults – £5
- Children under 16 – £2.50
- Children under 3 – Free
- Below, you’ll see our comments section for this page – it’s very simple to use and this is what we’ll be using to run our website competition for the family passes.
- For your chance to win, and enter the competition, you need to fill out the comments box, with your name and email address (your email address will be confidential) and then use the phrase “I want to win the Emergency Services Show family pass!” in the comment box so we can count you in the draw. (We’ve done an example for you!)
- This means that you’ll be able to see your entry has been successful to the competition, and you’ll be able to see all the other people who have entered.
- We’ll draw the winner a week before the show and will contact the winner by the email address provided. Be sure to keep your diaries free for the 11th September, it could be you!