Firefighters from Bath’s fire station have rescued two dogs from a house in St James Square during a fire in the early hours of this morning.
When crews arrived at the three storey property just after 2am, the occupants, two males, were already out and unharmed.
Four firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the building and found a fire in the basement involving an electrical consumer unit.
Using two Co2 extinguishers they put the fire out and then ventilated the property.
While inside they rescued two dogs, one a Highland Terrier, and brought them to safety. They were unharmed.
It’s thought the fire started accidentally after a fault with the electrical consumer unit.