The sixth annual meeting of the Bath City Conference will take place this Friday, 13th October, from 12.30pm, with those living and working in B&NES invited to go along for free.
This year the Bath City Conference, held at the Guildhall, will also host the Affordable Homes Show. If you live or work in Bath and North East Somerset, and your annual income is under £60,000, you can get free confidential advice about your home ownership aspirations.
Housing Associations, Independent mortgage and legal advisors will be available from 12.30-6.30pm.
The Banqueting Hall will be hosting exhibits, stands and representatives from community groups.
Cllr Tim Warren (Conservative, Mendip), Leader of Bath & North East Somerset Council, said: “This year’s event is a fantastic opportunity for people to engage with local community groups and representatives from the Council.
“I would encourage as many people as possible to attend and see the variety of great projects that are taking place across Bath.’’
Cllr Colin Blackburn (Independent, Westmoreland), Bath City Forum Chairman, said: “This is an annual opportunity for key elements of city life to be discussed and provides a platform for ideas and opinion for residents, and those who work in our city, to comment on issues such as housing, transport and economic development.”
A number of engagement sessions will provide the opportunity to find out about:
- Air Quality and Transport – 1pm;
- Bathscape: What the project is about and how it will deliver benefits to the City – 2pm;
- Social Enterprise and Innovation: How support can be given to social enterprises who are looking to launch in the local area – 2.30pm;
- The Housing Debate: Unheard Voices, which will present the experience of how people are struggling to afford accommodation in Bath – 3.45pm;
- Make A Move: Wellbeing in the Workplace – 3.15pm.
A question and answer session will take place at 5.30pm with a panel including some of city’s most influential figures.
Questions can be submitted in advance or on the or on the day by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @yourbath2017.