With the summer upon us, Buy Wise Be Safe, a project from Trading Standards, has launched a week-long campaign to encourage parents and carers to take steps to keep their children safe.
Buy Wise Be Safe (BWBS) has recognised the importance of outdoor activity and on 31st July launched a week long summer safety campaign to encourage parents and carers to take a few simple steps that can help keep their children safe.
Advice is being offered on:
- Sun safety, including choosing the right sunscreen and how to avoid sunburn;
- Outdoor equipment, from trampolines and swings to scooters and trikes;
- Water safety both at the beach and inland;
- BBQs, Fire Pits etc and how to avoid burns; and finally
- Staying safe in the garden.
Stuart Radnedge, spokesman for Buy Wise Be Safe, said: “Summer can be a fantastic time to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
“However it is important that we remain mindful of the risks for injury or illness that may be present. Following our top safety tips can help ensure your little one’s adventures are safe and enjoyable this summer!”